Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Notice.
Please note that whether or not we disable access to or remove content, Nousium may make a good faith attempt to forward the written notification, including the complainant’s contact information, to the Member who posted the content and/or take other reasonable steps to notify the Member that Nousium has received notice of an alleged violation of intellectual property rights or other content violation. It is also our policy, in appropriate circumstances and in our discretion, to disable and/or terminate the accounts of Members who infringe or repeatedly infringe the rights of others or otherwise post unlawful content.
Nousium is not just a file sharing platform but a platform where most of our users often use copyrighted materials in their learning or teaching notes, or transform the materials into something original of their own. As such, before submitting a DMCA notice, it’s important to consider if the manner in which the material is used falls under fair use.
Please note that any notice or counter-notice you submit must be truthful and must be submitted under penalty of perjury. A false notice or counter-notice may give rise to personal liability. If you are not sure whether material located on Nousium app or website infringes your copyright, or if it is subject to fair use protections, you may want to seek the advice of legal counsel before submitting a notice or a counter-notice.
Notice of Copyright Infringement:
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512), we have implemented procedures for receiving written notification of claimed infringements. If you believe in good faith that your copyright has been infringed, you may complete and submit the form at the end of this page.
If you’d prefer not to use the below form to file a notice, you can send your complaint to the following address (we prefer email):
175 Atlantic St, Suite 203
Stamford CT 06901
Phone: (203) 842-8102
You must include the following:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description specifying the location on our website of the material that you claim is infringing;
- Your telephone number and e-mail address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.